LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hiren Gohel   29 March 2016

Maintenance 125

Hi, My name is Hiren. My wife has filed a maintenance case against me, where she is asking for the maintenance of approximately 25000 per month. But the thing is I already owe almost 6 lakh rupees to different banks as I have taken 3 loans. The first loan I took because my wife wanted to buy some air conditioner and furniture for our home. Second loan I had taken to start her a beauty salon. And third loan I had taken as she forced me to buy a car. Now, after availing all these loans, when she was already settled with her beauty salon, I came to know about her extramarital relationship with someone in his relatives. When I started questioning her, she left to her matrimonial home. And filed a 125 maintenance case on me. She has also stopped going to her beauty salon. And I had to close it down as I had to pay the rent of the shop unnecessarily. Now, I have all the proof of my loans taken from the banks. I have also lost my job as I disturbed due to this court and police case matters. Now I am not working anywhere. I have also pending instalments as I have lost my job. What should I do to save my self from paying this maintenance to my wife? She is a certified beautician and she can easily get a job with the help of her certificate and experience. But she is really adamant and just want to steal money out of my pocket. Please guide me on this. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Ranjit   29 March 2016

https://menrightsindia.net/2015/08/delhi-metropolitan-magistrate-mm-court-denies-interim-maintenance-under-dv-act-to-wife-qualified-as-beautician.html

Go through the link there are numerous of judgement which says if a wife is capable of earning, she cannot claim maintenance. Since you had many efforts by buying loan to satisfy your wife, it adds your merits. defend using these in the court of law and prove she had left, There cannot be any maintenance for a wife who deserts a husband, Go through the websites menrights ESIS (every sufferer is survivor)

Hiren Gohel   29 March 2016

Thank you Ranjit Sir. You have given me a hope and a strength to fight.

Ompal Aggarwal (Advocate)     01 April 2016

Mr. Hiren Gohel ur these pleas court generally won't acept as mostly same pleas r given by the husband before the Hon'ble court. Moreover in such cases women r considered weaker n courtis more sympathiser towards women. U have to produce proof to prove ur pleas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register