Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak   31 May 2019

Maintanance against section 125


There is a marriage dispute between me and my wife and i filed the divorce petition and after that she filed multiple cases against me on which the legel proceding are going on. In between i have to pay some 7-8 Lakhs against the section 125 as maintainance amount but now i have lost my job with all this and unable to pay the amount. I have the following queires now.

1 - is this above amount can be recovered from mother's income or property ?

2-  I have one flat on which i have taken possession from builder but registry not yet done and having bank loan too on this flat.

in the absense of above payment, can this flat be attached by court ?

3- what other action court may take in this situation ?



 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   02 June 2019

It can take action against u only not Ur mother or others income or property

Sameer12345 (SSE)     02 July 2019

What can happen?

(1) Summon will be delievered to you in the beginning 

(2) Warrent to attach the property (movable)can be issued

(3) Arrest warrent can be issues afterwards. (Bailable)

(4) NBW can be issues

(5) Don't know what will be next!!!

Think if you can escape!!!



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register