LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lucy   09 July 2016

Maid's harrasment

My maid who used to look after my 2 kids,slapped my 3 yr old girl and tortured my 7 month old son.We asked her to leave but then she demanded money and when we refused put false allegations of molestation against my husband to police..police didnot do anything abt my kids being harassed but instead asked us to compromise n because of which we had to pay huge lump sum to her..i want to put up strong case against this woman

Learning

25 Replies

(Guest)
Hai Mam its vry sad and,sour to hear from u...u can Initiate a case aginst POCFSOA Act...In case if u desire of availng my professional service u can,contact me at my email.... juristybcreddy@gmail.com .Thank u....Balachander Reddy Advocate

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 July 2016

You have failed to contest her allegation. You failed because defending such allegation would have been costly in terms of reputation / career of your husband and zero chance of getting maid in future and no wonder you  may have to have resigned your job (apprently you are not govt employee).  You were caught in unholy scenerio.

Now any action taken by you can be viewed as malafide lie and just as a bid to harrass a poor lady who (atleast on papers) rose against ill designs of male employer.  "N" of organisations are there to sympathise with her and fight against you and help her with money and logistics. Media ..............?

I shall be happy if Mr Reddy could be really helpful. 

Vibha   09 July 2016

A poor woman complained of molestation and was payed off to withdraw her allegations. These optics heavily stack the odds against you. Any further fighting can go downhill very quickly and you have far more to lose from it than her.

Unfortunate as it is, I agree with Mr. Sudhir Kumar's assessment. 

JustAdvisor (IT)     09 July 2016

if your husband was innocent why did you pay a single dime?

Originally posted by : JustAdvisor
if your husband was innocent why did you pay a single dime?

This question will be first and last to aired by police, NGOs and later by court as well.

Apprent from facts that you purchased peace from unnecessary harassement so why step in again.

and old rural saying

कीचड का कुछ नहीं बिगड़ता, बिगड़ता उसमें पत्थर फेंकने वाले का है

lucy   09 July 2016

Thank you all for your valuable advice..we were not ready to compromise but when we were told if we had to file case,then medical test will be done on that woman and chargesheet will come in 90 days and till that time my husband would have to be in jail.. n the bail was also not guaranteed..why should my husband go to jail for no reason

Then now you can resume that ordeal again then also he will be in jail.  This time may be alongwith you. 

The maid may resume her false allegation. This time she may allege rape attempt with  addition that you also abetted the crime.

कीचड का कुछ नहीं बिगड़ता, बिगड़ता उसमें पत्थर फेंकने वाले का है

FightForCause (Businessman)     11 July 2016

Goes to show how women misusing the laws.

Meet the women commission and try to figure out whether they can help u in this.

Though i am sure they will not help a women against a women..only Women against a MAN is their area.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 July 2016

Originally posted by : FightForCause
Goes to show how women misusing the laws.

Meet the women commission and try to figure out whether they can help u in this.

Though i am sure they will not help a women against a women..only Women against a MAN is their area.

go to woman commission they will pull police as to why they have hushed up complaint of a poor lady against the employer.

लेने के देने

Pawan S (Advocate)     11 July 2016

This is a real issue faced by many families. This can happen to anyone.

I want to ask, how to handle & defend these cases without compromising the position.

I feel if someone compromises the situation and pay the amount, it will incite the wrong doing. It also motivates helping hands to act like this and earn some quick money.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2016

Originally posted by : Ekta
This is a real issue faced by many families. This can happen to anyone.

I want to ask, how to handle & defend these cases without compromising the position.

I feel if someone compromises the situation and pay the amount, it will incite the wrong doing. It also motivates helping hands to act like this and earn some quick money.

The solution is only social.  Shje can only advertise the credentials of the said made in the colony and make her jobless.  She will only have a partial success.

In this case the balackmailing could have been avoided by her husband by going to jail losing respect and dent in career.  If govt servant could have lost job even if acquitted. SHe will get no maid and would have herself to resign her job to look after the child and bringing family income to microscopic percentage.

Still this had the danger of conviction or  paying her much more in compromise after feeding hefty sum to lawyers.

Vibha   12 July 2016

Ekta, this is an unfortunate situation and there is no ideal way to handle it. Police are not supposed to arrest unless there is evidence which makes custody necessary for investigation. But as you know police usually follow the money (settlement).

A senior lawyer would be able to get bail and avoid arrest all together. Police would also not do mischief once experienced lawyer is representing the case. Now the question is if the family can afford such expensive services and have income that does not depend on government jobs.

For many families compromise would be the only option available as suggested by Mr. Sudhir Kumar.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2016

"You could have filed a case of theft. She stole a golden necklace. ask your neighbours to say few sentence like they saw maid stealing. then police would have taken seriously and put her in Jail."

really?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register