LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Citizen (p)     02 June 2019

Maharashtra rent control act

Dear Sir / madam, First of all my apology if I posted under wrong category. I was confused and wanted to know if a licensee with registered leave and license agreement is protected under Maharashtra Rent Control act 1999? Or is rent agreement (tenancy) different than leave and license? Can licensee also called a tenant or are they both different as per the act? As per my understanding as a lay man, licensee is paying a license fees and tenant is paying rent?

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     03 June 2019

A licensee, holding the residential premises under a registered Leave & License document, is not protected under Maharshtra Rent Control Act 1999. Whereas as a Tenant occupies a residential premises under a registered Tenancy Agreement and is duly protected under Maharshtra Rent Control Act 1999.

Citizen (p)     04 June 2019

Thank you for your reply. For agreements for commercial office space, I have seen only leave and license. Rather most people go for leave and license only. At various places in the act, its written "licensee or the tenant" or "licensee". If it does not apply for leave and license, then what is the purpose of such mentions?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register