LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobanbabu.B (company secretary and Legal)     28 January 2017

Mact case-who is liable

A CAR REGSITERED BY A COMPANY WAS STOLEN BY SOME COLLEGE STUDENTS AND THE CAR MET WITH AN ACCIEDENT , PEOPLE IN THE CAR DIED,  AND A BYSTANDER WAS KILLED IN COURSE OF ACCIDENT .

NOW AFTER  2 YEARS THE RELATIVE OF THE PERSON , WHO DIED IN THE ACCIDENT HAD FILED A MACT CASE.

THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAD OBJECTED THAT THE PERSON WHO DROVE THE CAR WAS MINOR, HENCE VIOLATING THE INSURANCE.

THE SITUATION SEEMS TO BE AGAISNT US.

PLEASE ADVICE.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : shobanbabu.B
A CAR REGSITERED BY A COMPANY WAS STOLEN BY SOME COLLEGE STUDENTS AND THE CAR MET WITH AN ACCIEDENT , PEOPLE IN THE CAR DIED,  AND A BYSTANDER WAS KILLED IN COURSE OF ACCIDENT .

NOW AFTER  2 YEARS THE RELATIVE OF THE PERSON , WHO DIED IN THE ACCIDENT HAD FILED A MACT CASE.

THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAD OBJECTED THAT THE PERSON WHO DROVE THE CAR WAS MINOR, HENCE VIOLATING THE INSURANCE.

THE SITUATION SEEMS TO BE AGAISNT US.

PLEASE ADVICE.

PlEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF.  WHO IS US AND WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU? SO THAT FURTHER ADVICE CAN BE GIVEN.

I am working in admin dept of the company. Hence I have raised this query

I am working in admin dept of the company. Hence I have raised this query

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     29 January 2017

There is no limitation for filing claim petition Under M.V.Act. Lr's of the deceased are third parties to the claim. Since the driver of the car is a minor and not having a valid DL, the Tribunal may order pay and recovery against the Insurance Company. The Insurance Company after satisfying the decree will take steps to recover the amount from the insured i.e owner of the car.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register