Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Prashar   04 August 2022

Lpu administration asking for personal information through their students

Hi there,

I have a property near lovely professional university, where i have rented out some rooms to lpu students. LPU has a hostel capacity of 20000 students, but students don't want to stay there due to the costs, restrictions, and facilities provided. So, they opt for accomodation outside the university.

So, the lpu administration has asked the students living outside of hostel to provide 2-3 different forms, one of which is an affidavit to be signed by the landlord of the property, where the landlord needs to committ to provide access to his property to inspect it 24*7. 
In another form, he is asking for photograph, aadhar card copy and signatures of the landlord. In addition to this lpu is asking for photographs of the building from different angles; along with the details of facilities provided inside the building.

The lpu administration threatens the students with blocking of their attendance if all this information is not provided.

So, my question from the learned members is that how come the lpu can ask for such information?
How they can block the attendance of students in case of non-complain e?
How can they ask for our personal information?
what is the remedy to this problem?
Regards,

Sandeep. 

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 August 2022

The LPU has no concern with the students staying outside their campus.

Show the forms to a local prudent lawyer and challenge in the competent court of jurisdiction.

1 Like

Sandeep Prashar   05 August 2022

ThanksVasishta Ji for your valuable suggstion. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register