LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More (Student)     17 April 2014

Love marriage registration

I have read various articles and visited several courts to understand the procedure of marriage registration.

The district in which this marriage was conducted and the groom(Hindu) has got his permanent residence in, has got a marriage registrar who sits in a room with a board, "Hindu Marriage Registrar". Thus he does not entertain any registrations under the special marriage act and as per the information conveyed by the concerned lawyers, no special marriage registration was ever executed in this district.
After going through the Hindu religious ceremony the couple went to the registrar. And as per the rules, he declined the registration of this marriage based on the absence of NOC from the Embassy as one of the parties(Buddhist) is a foreign national.
On visiting the embassy, it was learned that in turn they need a letter from the bride's family member before they could issue a NOC.

The problem is that the bride has lost both her parents and the siblings are not ready to sign any such letter. Thus the registration under Hindu Marriage act got stopped even when all other documents were ready.

As per the recent news the registration is to be made compulsory.

But the procedure for getting the marriage registered is still having a lot of unwanted obstructions.
On visiting a different district's court, huge fees was being asked for after suggesting another marriage ceremony to be conducted in that district, as none of the parties have an address proof in that area.

Kindly share your views on this front and suggest a way of getting the marriage registered ASAP. 

The list of available documents:
1) Photographs (individual + ceremony)
2) Letter from Pandit Ji who conducted the ceremony
3) Letter from a gazetted officer who attended the marriage

4) Permanent Address and age proof of the groom
5) Passport copy and Indian address proof (PNB passbook) of the bride.
6) Letter from the Groom's parents
7) Witnesses willing to sign
8) Copy of marriage invitation card


 2 Replies

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     17 April 2014

Talk to 09910657998 for marriage tegistration. Singh& associates

SeekAdvice India (NA)     17 April 2014

Need Free On-call Legal Advice.???

Just give a missed call on 08010201301(toll free)



India's first On-call legal advisor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register