LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithiyanandam (teacher)     19 December 2010

Love Marriage

Hello sir,i am a  25yrs old hindu boy....i am loving a muslim gal her age is 22.....i want to marrry her but her family members saying to convert  me to muslim religion.....i agree to convert but i wont change my name in govt gazete....they r saying me to change name in gazete also bcoz they r not believing me.....pls help me to marry her legally and give some law points to make her family to believe me...............pls help me sir

Learning

5 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     20 December 2010

It is upto you to change name or not. 

(Guest)

For which file the necessary documents to the marriage registrar of your area and get your marriage registered under special marriage act.  Your and your gir friend  name will be as it is. better contact your local lawyer

khushbu (assisent advocate)     21 December 2010

Respected Sir,

I am member of our club. And also an Assitant Advocate . i have case related to inter caste marriage.

Its summery is boy is hindu and adult and girl is muslim and adult. Both want to marriage as soon as possible. And my dear sir you know the Act of change religion is applicable in Gujarat. so my Question is "is this marriage legally possible without change religion ? "

mo. 09510681615

(Guest)

yes under the special marriage act.  The marriage must be registered under this act.

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     30 December 2010

change of name doesnot bear any disqualification to conversion of islam.explain them, they are several personality in Islam during prophet time had embraced Islam & continued to be with the privous non muslim name. For eg., Ab Sufyan who was hard core opposition to prophet Mohamed (P.B.u.h.& h.f) & was Kafir, but after his conversion to Islam, still he is highly treated esteemed. There are so many such personality.

Any how, U converted please refer history rather only love.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register