My wife has filed a Divorce case against me under sec 13 ia, which I decided to contest on its merits.
Both of us residing in the same city where we also lived together after marriage, but she deliberately filed the case in her hometown just to harass me. She falsely claimed in her petition that she was residing in her hometown.
While she did not claim any maintenance amount in her original petition as she is working and drawing a salary of 30K per month. Now, in order to hasten the case she is threatening to file for her interim EXPENSES (Not Maintenance) till date for e.g flight fare, conveyance etc for a lump sum amount of 2 Lakhs. I am being told that if the order is passed then I will have to pay immediately.
My income is around 60K per month.
Is such a petition tenable as per law? Please note :
- I did not file the case as I never wanted a divorce.
- She is getting free legal aid under Legal Services Authorities Act 1987, whereas I have to pay for my attorney fees.
- We do not have any child.
- She claims that she has to look after her parents, but so do I.
- I do not have a DV / 498a case against me till now.
If her petition is granted at the family court, can I challenge it at the High Court parallely without paying anything first? Can I also file a perjury case against her as falsified her residential address in her petition?
Looking for honest advice..Thanks