LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aadi   03 December 2023

Limitation on suit for partition

In 2003, my father self-acquired a portion of my grandfather's property via a Partition Deed. At that time my father's sisters had no objection and the same has been recorded in the Deed. But now, they are filing a suit demanding a share.

Will the 12 years limitation apply on this suit as more than 20 years have passed since the Partition Deed has been executed?


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2023

If your father's sisters have reliqnsuished their rights in the property by a registered release deed, then they cannot claim any share or partition in the property, but if it is not so then there is no limitaiton for filing suit for partition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register