Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

majeti (director)     02 June 2016

Lic policy refund

Dear All Eminent lawyers,

I would like to ask you all how do i get justice from LIC of india for a Term policy which i took about13 months ago and till last month they hanven'treplied nor send me my policy nor any letters/mail etc. for the policy. When i wrote a strong letter, they replied, asking me to pay additional premium amount of about Rs 20K.

this i denied and asked them to return the full amount with interest. they haven't done any thing till now.

They only send my agent to convience me to pay additional amount.

As i just attained the age of 60, Now apart from the amount, if i go to any other insurance company they will either not take or charge higher premium.

LIC has deprived me of my fundamental right to have an insurece at the right time by delaying and not responding to act on my policy.

kindly let me know how do i act and can i force LIC to accept my policy as of age 59 or any other insurace company as per 59 age.


thanking you in advance



 5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     02 June 2016

It is term policy. We will be great full if u share terms of the policy.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 June 2016

Repeated Query:


Duly replied.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 September 2016

The Institution of Insurance Ombudsman was created by Government of India (notification dated 11.11.1998) with the purpose of quick disposal of grievances of the insured customer and to mitigate their problems involved in redressal of their grievances. The Insurance Ombudsman are appointed by the Governing Body of Insurance Council (GBIC) and are empowered to entertain complaints on the following aspects in respect of personal line insurance:
a. Any Partial or total repudiation of claims by an insurer
b. Delay in settlement of claims
c. Any disputes in regards to premiums paid or payable in terms of the policy
d. Any dispute on the legal construction of the policies in so far as such disputes relate to claims.
e. Non-issue of Insurance document to Customers after receipt of premium.

The complainant can approach the Office of Insurance Ombudsman as per jurisdiction, for value of the claim including expenses not exceeding Rs 20 lacs, within 1 year from the date of rejection/repudiation/partial settlement of claim by the Insurer. The complaint shall be in writing duly signed by the policyholder or claimant/ legal heirs. The forum of Insurance Ombudsman does not charge any fees for filing the complaint. The complainant should not have approached any other forum/court/arbitrator on the same subject matter of the claim.

Click here for address/contact details and jurisdiction of Insurance Ombudsman offices.


Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     15 September 2016

You can approach Ombudsman of Insurance  company or file a  consumer dforum case for deficit of service on the part of insuranxce compoany or file a  criminal case of writ of Mandamus to issuue diirections to Insurnce company to  comply with your request of giving th e insurance policuy  inaccordance wirth terms and   conditions of LIC  Policy and not to press for aditional charges etc or refund offull policy amountalong with penal interest. Also you can file criminl case ofcheatng against Insurance companyfor robbing you of your hard earned money and pray for hefty compensation to you  on account of breach of T& Cs ofLIC Policy and Cheating you.

uttam kumar (lawyer)     29 November 2017

when i purchase a insurance policy form exide life insurance. when giving me perposal by the said company agent say you will get 15 lac and abvoe but i recieved a policy certifiacate i only get rupees 7 lac. that time i decided quit the policy. what reamady are avilable according to law and i get my priumum amount form the said insurance company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query