Letter of administration for khata transfer

Hello all,

I have a BDA property which was jointly held by me and my unmarried brother. He has died 2 years back. Now I want to sell that property. I was told that that my brother's share of the property will go to my mother as my father is not alive.

Now to do the khata transfer to my mother's name I was told Letter of Administration is required. But in the list of documents needed for khata transfer mentioned by BDA they have not specified the need for Letter of Administration.

Can experts please tell me if Letter of Administration essential for khata transfer or not. Does khata transfer to my mother's name enable me to sell the property. Kindly let me know.



Letter of administration Is not required. Affidavit of applicant declaring he is legal heir has to be submitted. Once the property is transferred to your mother then only your mother has right to sell the property. Regards Adv Reeti Shah reeti@corpusjurislaw.com 9930285557



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x