LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish   22 February 2016

Legally separate from disabled old age parents

I am 34 years old. My both parents are disabled, bed ridden having property worth 80 lacs. Father does what he likes. My sister's daughter was taking care of her for one year and looted RS 20 lacs from my father's lifelong savings.now father has no money ,only property. During his stay with niece in last one year, father issued many cheques to many people and morgaged property papers to person. 

My mother fell, broke her hip, since no money, I contributed fully for operation and are now with me for one month. I got call from persons,whom father and niece owned money, that they want money, if cheque will bounce police will catch father. Since father is disabled, police might harass me. 

So I want to separate from my parents. Let them live with niece till death. My younger brother is useless, abusive. Don't want property also don't want to keep parents.

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 February 2016

even though your dad is bedridden that wouldnt relieve him of the liability that he owes to others towards returning money or whatever it is. as long as he is alive you wouldnt be pulled into any of these cases and if he doesnt settle the issues then the court would order to attach the property

Ashish   22 February 2016

Thanks for reply. Now I will send back parents to niece. Niece and father will sell property to settle current claims. 

But finally, when my father will become broke, penniless, he will come back to me as niece won't keep him as money is gone. In  that case other people will come ask for money to my home. I will be harassed. 

So please let me know how to legally separate from parents OR permanently settle allissues legally. I don't want to go or face police or court for my father's actions. 

Ashish   23 February 2016

Respected madam, thanks for reply. I want my parents to be in peace and stay with me but same I don't want police and court. Finally he is doing things consciously, I can't stop him..

Dear madam, all four siblings are opinion it's all father's fault.I told all relatives also. Why can't my father just stop everything and only eat and sleep ?? I will tell why, because he thinks he got money so he can do anything. 

Thanks for Thu....it says everybody's sympothy will be with them.....be in my shoes and think...me and. My family is paying dearly for his actions. Niece has already looted and is looting. Father pays not a single penny when he is with me...he needs 15000 per month for medicine and care...

Where is my fault.... Should I die and proof I m good son and bad husband and father for my son ???

sandeep (pvt service)     23 February 2016

good reply mrs choudhary.....

Ashish   23 February 2016

Respected Madam, Thanks for reply again.

My sister ran way with someone and married,whom she left later.Now she is living with other without marriage. Niece saw this and learnt. In this problem, my parents kept niece and brought up her.

I told father to leave niece to her mother. He is not ready. My sister has abandoned niece.Niece is also not ready to go back to her mother.

20Lacs were looted in name of care and medicine in one year. This had father's consent,we knew it,but we can't stop this,as it is father's choice.

I am ready to face as son, but my father will involve me everything, cheque given to someone is calling me and threatening for legal action as father is staying with me now.

Iam in reputed job. If police approach me for his actions, its shame shame for me.

Still now, my father  not at all feels guilty for niece even after being looted of 20lacs. He thinks he still got property and he still can carry on till his last breath[ indeed 80 lacs home is good enough for his remaining life]. At last he will die, with mother. no worries. He is disabled.So, police, court will have sympathy. Finally, in future at last, after selling all property and kicked out by niece,then he will go to police and complain,my son is not taking care of me.  

Last week,in my flat we had small issue with floormates. Matter went up to HR. Now I am terrifiied, if police comes searching for father for cheque bounce, who will be harassed ?? me or father ?? I tried to persuade father to only EAT and SLEEP, do nothing.but I can't force him. He will do what he wants, and being son, probably, I will have to pay.

so I want to legally separate from father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register