LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sss (professional)     22 May 2013

Legal will document -property dispute

hello, my grandfather (India)had written a will stating his property rights (this is his earned property not inherited to him) goes to his daughter(my mother) and after her to male children of her . my mother had 2 sons(including me) and 2 daughters. could you help in answering below questions

1)As will says that only sons are given rights after my mother -> do daughters of my mother can have share of property as per law?

2)my brother had bought some of the property into his name taking my mother's signature when she is alive. is this allowed as will says it goes to my mother and then to sons only so will my mother have right to give away some of the property?

3)As property is inherited by will , myself and my brother can use this as self acquired property instead of ancetral property , means we can give away this propery to any one by writing a WILL correct?

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 May 2013

by gift deed or sale deed in what way your brother taken some property from your mother. Is it registered?  if any call me

sss (professional)     22 May 2013

Hello,

My brother had not registered the property he too but with my mother signature he could get the passbook for agriculture land and claims now it is his. Asper the will ,i assumre my mother cannot give away some of the property as it should go to her sons which should be divided equally, is this correct? please let me know your opinon on above questions..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register