Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev1978 (Manager)     12 March 2011

Legal suit against false claims made by pharmaceutical comp

Dear All,

I came across a rather peculiar query  a few days back

One of my friends is happily married with a lovely daughter.They tied the knot in 2008, and were blessed by a baby daughter in 2009. Seems quite a  case of blissfully married couplebut the,truth is that his wife has gone into depression because she had to forsake her seat in one of the premier fashion designing institutes in the country due to her  unexpected pregnancy.

My friend said that they had taken adequate precaution to prevent such a thing from occuring , but the inevitable happened. The inlaws were strictly against going for a termination of pregnancy , hence all her dreams and ambitions were shattered.

I advised him that he cannot claim damages because , it is a fact that even pahrmaceutical companies dodnot claim 100% protection in case of their products. But , he came up with a valid point that , what is the percentage of population in india who are aware of this??? There may be a small disclaimer in illegible  wrirting to support their claim, but when we are dealing with such a serious issue  like the risk of faliure of contraceptive may result in undesirable pregnancy, shaterred dreams and aspirations  or worse still getting  infected by HIV or STD’s .Why cant we have something like a WARNING like ‘USE AT YOUR OWN RISK’  as in the case of TOBBACCO related products.

All members are  coordially invited to give their expert comment on this isue

Regards,

Rajeev.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register