LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharath Dasari   25 April 2018

Legal suggestion needed

sir , i am having road metal quarry which was operating from past 30 years and now adjacent to my quarry the government has setting up a spices park and the spices board were asked the collector to stop the quarry operations which will effect my livelihood and also people who are working in our firm. can i know the best way to approach the court so that I can start my work and also asking them to move away from the dangerous zone ?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 April 2018

First think whether your self interest is more important or larger public interest ?

Can you fight with Government in Courts for years together knowing that your chances of going any larger public inerest is bleak ?

Be practical and take a decision by contacting a local advocate with a certain understanding that Govt has every right to acquire any land in public interest.

1 Like

Bharath Dasari   25 April 2018

Thank you sir , for your kind suggestion !!

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     25 April 2018

Point 1: On what basis you were alloted the quarry? Normally government holds the right to quarry and allots the right for a specific period extending the same from time to time. The very purpose of the expiry date for the quarry license and need for extension is to ensure that at the time of renewing, to reconsider renewing the license in view of the latest developments.

Point 2:As the city/town expands, the quarries need to be closed unless they are too profitable and highly useful to the society at large.

Point 3 You may approach Courts for a stay order which may be given in a routine manner provided the Spices Board gives a valid reason why stay should not be given. Once stay is given, you will have time to change your business. Worth making an effort. But finally, if Government decides not to renew your lease, it is almost final and you shall not be able to fight with the government.

Krithi7sekar   28 June 2022

Spices Board Registration In India (Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India) is the flagship organization for the development and worldwide promotion of Indian spices. The Board is an international link between the Indian exporters and the importers abroad. The Board deals with the registration of Exporters dealing with 52 scheduled spices and cardamom on payment of such fees and production of documents as prescribed below.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register