LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh (marketing)     07 June 2016

Legal notice sent by my ex company

Sir, I was working for a company & I have resigned, because of harassment, & pressure. I was supposed to give two month notice. Since i was harassed & the atmosphere was so bad, i abruptly resigned. Now my company has sent me a letter that if i do not compensate their two months notice period amount, they will proceed legally. Can somebody help me/advice on what can i do under such situations

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 June 2016

Sureshji dont panic. Send them legal notice through lawyer about harrasement u suffered in that orgnization.

Anik   07 June 2016

Hello All, I have been facing similar issues with Tikona. Below are my details: User ID: 1109525010 When I placed my request for a new connection the service engineers were here at my home within 24 Hours to set everything up and activate my account They also took the installation charges and 2 months rental in advance. Unfortunately, they never cared about the problems I am facing with the network. I placed several requests regarding the technical issues I was facing, but the service I received was not at all satisfactory. I finally decided to get rid of the service provider and placed several requests for a disconnection. My request was rejected as they said that they can still see usage in my Account. I sent them several email statings my MAC id and that there has been no usage associated with my MAC id and I am ready to pay any usage that you may see associated with my MAC id. They were never able to explain to me why I am still being charged for the service not used by me. The customer care whenever contacted told me to ignore the messages and emails I am getting for payment of my outstanding amount as I am not liable to pay anything. After all this, I received a letter from Halai & Co (Advocates) threatning me to pay the outstanding amount of Rs. 2500.. Can anyone please guide me on how to deal with such an unprofessional company? How can I make sure that they stop messaging and mailing me and my connection is terminated? Thank you in advance for your help.

suresh (marketing)     07 June 2016

Thanks Advocate Bharat for yoru advice. But what would the implications going ahead once i send a legal notice to the employer on my harassing.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 June 2016

@ Suresh,

You may post the exact extract from appointment letter on termination/resignation. 

Did you tender notice or resignation with immediate effect?

Did you quote reason in notice of resignation or earlier or in subsequent communications ( harrassment/bad work atmosphere ertc)?

What is your designation  and nature of duties in offer/appointment letter and on record/ in practise? Did you have any power to sanction (not just recommend) leave/increment/appoint/terminate? Could anyone cancell/amend your recommendations? ( Noted; Software developer)

You were in which state?

Does company have its office at your current location?

Does your address in company records remain the same?

What is this establishment; Commercial/Industrial (e.g; IT company) ?

Does it have Certified/Model standing orders and does it apply to your designation?

Are you a member of employees/trade unions?

What was your last drawn salary?

You were under probation/confirmed?

Do you have acknowledgment of notice of resignation and its POD?

Did you tender final resignation? Did you write to appointing authority/MD etc o harrassment etc?

Do you have salary slips of all months, last month,PF a/c slip of each year, Form16, FnF statement?

Has employer supplied anything to you in writing, till date regarding acceptance of resignation etc?

Did you record the calls etc?

What was the max. number of employees this company had any point of time?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 June 2016

@ Anik,

There are many threads on M/s Tikona at LCI that you can search in option at right hand side of this web page.

Entrust the matter to an able counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register