Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul kumar (associate)     04 April 2013

Legal notice-money recovery

Dear Sir, 

I want to send a legal notice for the recovery of money i.e. 3,03,000/-. Can u please tell me what should be the rate of interest i should demand in my notice ? Is there any rule for demanding the rate rate of interest ?

Please help me

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     04 April 2013

Is it a commecial transaction ? If the transaction is connected with industry, trade or buiness you can claim the interest... Choice is yours.. Claim 18% p.a..  According to my  experience even if we claim 18% p.a. in the legal notice, the other party pays the amount due immediately and do not pay any interest and issues are closed.

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     04 April 2013

The interest rate claimed should be reasonable and justifiable. It should not be arbitrary. The interest rate should be calculated on the basis of of what your principal would have earned you incase your friend had not taken the loan + inconvinience charges. To my find 15-18% is a reasonable amount.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     04 April 2013

The rate of interest we claim through a legal notice is an opportunity cost of  funds. In practice in many legal notices the reasonable percentage of 18 is mentioned. However, 70% of the cases are settled without any interest  after receiving the notice by the other party.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register