LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jyoti kamble (Assistant)     28 October 2010

legal help

I got engaged to a guy. But now I am not willing for the marriage as the person my and that person thinking not matching at all and he always spy. But My parents are forcing for the marriage by boycott me (not talking with me), beating and giving threat that I don’t marry then they will die and also saying that I don’t want to marry then better option that I should suicide so that they name and status in society is not damaged. I want to come out of home and lead a separate life. To do so I have also taken a help of mine friend and introducing that friend as my boyfriend and want to marry him but on this they say that they harm my friend and also create scene in our office so that he will loose his job and mine too.

They called one baba and asked about all this should marry or not then that baba said that it is rite to marry a person whom I got engaged. He said to me that I m saying to marry as god as has instructed him this and he also said that if don’t follow this then I can  never be happy and I destroy my self etc etc. Can get any legal help so that I can be protected against this marriage? Can I go to police station and file a complain? And can I take legal help against this case so that I and my friend are protected from my family members. It required that I should have some one with me when I goes to police station and log complain against them as I don’t have anyone to support me. Can law provide security to me from my parents and family members?

Please help me in this situation.

Learning

2 Replies

Ajoy Gupta (Advocate)     28 October 2010

Hello Ms Jyoti,

In your case you can take help of your police station. For such cases The Domestic Violence Act is there to help you. Be sure no body can compel to marry forcefully. To avoid further complication you take shelter of Women Cell of your Police Station, Also be in touch of an Advocate.

(Guest)

Remember one thing no body can compel to marry forcefully

She can get any legal help so that she can be protected against this marriage? she can go to police station and file a complain? 

Yes, my advise is to go to NGOs and they should support for this.

It seems like honor killings this days frequently. so, you have to protect your friend from honor killing as you said that she don’t want to marry then better option that she should suicide, may be they create a problem in future so give support to your friend ,in case NGOs not help ,take help of police.

You said She want to come out of home and lead a separate life. .My advise is to left the parent home and live separately. As per fact you said she should immediately left her parent home and live separate life.

You said that she don’t have anyone to support her.  Don’t worry you and your friend and also NGOs help your friend. Best of luck good bye.:D

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register