LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BABLU SIRCILLA   18 September 2017

Legal heir certificate

My father expired around 45days ago, he was a mill worker and we was alloted a flat from mhada and we need to apply for a legal heir certificate. Can we get it from a lawyer or an advocate or we need to go to the tahsildar. Which is the easiest way. Also if you can help with the procedure and required documents. The family members are Mother, son, 2daughters(elder 1 is married) We are based out in mumbai


 4 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 September 2017

It is called "Succession Certificate".  It is given by a court of law. You may approach a lawyer, who specialises in such matters. He will guide you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 September 2017

The extent rules/forms should be available in O/o MHADA.

These might also be available on website.

GO thru the same.

The rules usually describe requirement in forms e.g; In case of Nomination or NO nomination etc .............

In your case if Succession Certificate/Heirship certificate is mentioned then as suggested by Dr. Ramani take help of LOCAL counsel specializing in such/civil matters.




Mill worker category allotment of MAHADA flat if this way it is done , sorry myself not studied that agreement and details properly but I have have heard. 

Generally MAHADA have its own sub rule and regulation as per MAHDA act the way it can be easily transferred to person who are residing and also legal heirs.   

So once you need to visit MAHADA office to check how to transfer ( For flat alloted to mill worker category)

This is separate category of flats alloted . 


There are other simple way too like giving paper publication etc calling for objection and society then transfer the flat with MAHDA consent


If ther eis further problem then you need to use Bombay Regulation VIII 1827 and get heirship certificate for flat 


But initally again Adv need to check the papers regarding Mill worker allotment of flat . (I read it is part of larger settlement between Mill worker , Industralist  , land owner (Govt) , other labour dispute etc. ) 

Means flat are alloted but since no one had money to purchase flat etc , so they came out that specific area of mill or some land will be alloted to mill worker , some one industralist or contractor will construct building and give flat , all labour dues to settled at same etc. 

So without reading the matter jumping is not wise 

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 September 2017

In Mumbai high court will issue certificate. You need toa appoint advocate. It will be issued as per Bombay Regulation act. You can contact me if you need further help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads