Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dinesh (Production Officer)     20 October 2011

Legal documents for chawl room

Hi All,

I want to buy a room in a registered society chawl, so can anybody tell me what documents I need to check before buying. The owner has society share certificate, property tax on his name, are these docs are sufficient to buy the property?


 3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     20 October 2011

You need verification of documents in hand of seller from relevan auhority and should also ensure whhether has already made an agreement to sale with some other party. Agreement should be got registered.

1 Like

dinesh (Production Officer)     20 October 2011

But can u tell me whether mentioned docs such as Society Share Certificate and Property tax are enough to proceed?

sandeep (back office executive)     17 October 2013

hi sir 

i am going to buy chawl room in ttiwala (east) in new construction, what document should required from seller to legalized this procedure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register