LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukul (Engineer)     17 June 2013

Legal advice to correct dob

Hi Guys,

I have a question about getting my DoB changed which was quoted wrongly at the time of my school admission. Now I would like to get it corrected in every documents I possess i.e. HSC certificate, Driving License, PAN, Passport etc. I have my birth certificate to prove my correct DoB.

I am looking for expert advice on this matter, can anyone please tell how to get my DoB corrected legally ? Is there any procedure in place for that ? Should I contact any local lawyer to get these things done ?

Thanks and Regards



 3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 June 2013

means your date of birth certificate is different from HSC then try to contact the municipal office which will provide you the correct solution because here you have to change HSC, pan card, dirving liciense, passport 

so some affidavit should be submitted 

try to take advice of municpal office the office which has issued the ceritificate 

1 Like

Mukul (Engineer)     17 June 2013

Thanks for your response ..

Ya that's true, but birth certificate issued by municipal corporation has correct DoB.

Specially for Passport is there any procedure for getting it corrected or need to apply for fresh passport with correct DoB?

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     17 June 2013

 One cannot chage ones birthdate at a sweet will, unless such change  is based on facts which are  correct and bonafide and without any ulterior motive behind it ,as  considerable time has elapsed since the descovery  of error and the position of third parties are  to be affected by such change,  ordiary proceedure  for the purpose will not be allowed You will have to file a civil suit for a declaration of correct date of birth, and you will have to join as  defendents  all concerned   who might be affected by such  declaration who may include your employers,etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register