LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Habeeb Syed (Member)     01 March 2010

leave and license problems

Please advice: I took a flat on Leave and license basis in Pune in Nov 2009. I was getting married in Nov so I said we will register the L&L agreement in Dec to which the landlord agreed. In first week of Nov we agreed on terms and conditions of the agreement and signed on them (minus the front-stamp-paper). In second week of Dec I sent him money (my share of registration expenses) and asked him to finish the agreement work. Now its almost three months but the landlord is dilly-dallying on completing the agreement. I am tired of asking him. I also with held payment of Feb rent but he called me and promised that we will finish the work, took the cheque and forgot about agreement. Now I need to know what are the legal options I have. More specifically I need to know:

1. Is police complaint legally viable in this kind of situation?

2. Can I approach consumer forum?

3. Do I have to approach court?

Thanks in Advance,

-Habeeb

Learning

2 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     01 March 2010

Have you occupied the Flat. It is the owner's responsibility to get the leave and license registered hence the burden is more on him. In case you are yet to occupy the Flat, please clarify this.

vasudevan

Habeeb Syed (Member)     01 March 2010

I have occupied the flat.

I know its owner's responsibility to get the document registered. The problems are:

1. I need the copy of agreement as address proof.

Also, I talked about legal options because I have lost faith in the landlord.  I got a feeling that he is up to something.  

Regards,

-Habeeb

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register