IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satya narayan tiwari   03 September 2017

Leakage issu in flat from bed room roof

Dear Expert,

Myself Satya Narayan Tiwari from Pune. I have my flat in an appartment of six flat on first floor.There is no society formed. In my flat there is leakage from the roof of the bed room. Above my flat there is a duplex flat and roof of my flat is the open terrous of the duplex flat. Now due to rain there is heavy leakage in my bed room. The water seepage in the tiles of the terrous resulting in to the leakage in my bed room. I requested for water proofing of terrous to the owner of duplex flat but he is not ready to bear the cost of the waterproofing. May you please advise me who shall bear the cost of this repair bye law?


 2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     07 September 2017

Assuming that the flat has been purchased in your name, my best guess- the bearer of these costs would have to be you only.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     24 September 2017

The repair expense has to be borne equally by the flat owners, if, however, the owner of the other flat refuses to share the expense you have to make a written complaint to the Municipal corporation of your area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query