LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikram dhable   29 June 2020

Leakage in housing society flat , from 1st floor to parking

My flat is on 1st floor in CHS , there is dripping leakage through my bathroom floor on the ceiling of other owner parking  whose should bare the cost  repairs of waterproofing  1) Society  or  2)  Shall be repaired with sharing the expenses equally , or  3) By the upper flat owner.

Considering Parking is as common area  which is maintained by Society.

Learning

1 Replies

Nirali Nayak   09 June 2021

Hello sir, greetings of the day.
As per your query, first of all you must find the source of leakage. If the source is your bathroom then you have to solely bear the cost. But if the leakage is due to any alternation made by the society externally, then the society shall pay for the same. You can take reference from the Bye Law No 70 providing for basis of apportioning society outgoings under various heads (i) to (xvi). It has clarified that all the repairs, that are not covered by the bye-law No. 69(a) shall be carried out by the members at their cost. The expenditure of the internal leakage due to toilet, sink etc. should be borne by concerned flat holders, with the consent of the society. And in such cases there won’t be any sharing of the expenses by both the parties. Its better you find out the source and then consult with your society authorities. 
Hope this solves your query.
Regards
Nirali Nayak
Law Student

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register