whenever a lawyer take up the case there is a contract between lawyer and applicant.
For e.g. lawyer 'A' say to his client 'B' i am ready to take up your case and my charge is 30,000/- . 'A' further say that pay me 25,000/- in the installment and remaining 5,000/- after merit of the case.
With in 5 year, 'B' pays the 25,000/- from the period of case 2009 to 2014. Now 'A' say pay me remaining 5,000/- .
Now, Client 'B' has following query. Note this is an example of criminal trial
1. In india, where deciding the merit of the case took in an average 8 - 14 years. And even lawyers knows this, so how client can rely on the lawyer once he made the whole payment in 4 - 5 years. because after that lawyer will not have any interest in the client case.
2. Can lawyer be asked to the enter into the written agreement with the client. To fulfill the promise what he has given to his client.
3. Can case amount can be decided on the merit and de-merit of the case.
4. What a client can do if the lawyer is not utilising all the ways which are avialable to give relief to the client. for e.g. filling petition in the high court for fast trial (writ of mandamus, haebus corpus, etc), filling private complain in the court w.r.t point of the charge sheet where some evidence is left out by the police. Because in normal case lawyer demand for more money if client ask lawyer to approach the court for the alternative, Generally lawyer demand money around 10,000/- to 15,0000/-
5. Whats are point need to be put before the lawyers for giving any criminal case, so that client can utilise all the remedy given by the court through lawyer.
Looking for your feedback on the above. Also if possible please share contact details of lawyers from mumbai. who fight for the client and have great respect for the moral of law and earning money is not only main motive.