LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Gupta (Team Lead)     07 February 2017

Lawyer withdrawing from middle of case against amrapali


We had lodged case in Aug 2015 in consumer forum , Saini enclave, East Delhi against Amrapali Golf Homes for refund . Builder had promised us to give flat in 2013 but even after 7 years, they havent started contsruction. As our case has come to Argument stage after 1.5 years, our lawyer started behaving badly with us and has refused to represent our case . We dont know whether Opposite party had given him some money or whatsover. Even the next hearing date is not being updated on CONFONET case site. Its still showing old info

Our question is that in this case, can we represent case ourselves ? or have to give court some written letter that our present lawyer is misbehaving and is not representing our case ?

Please advice






 2 Replies

Vikram Sodha (Advocate)   07 February 2017

Hi Sumit,

First of all contact your advocate for the said ignorance at the crucial moment and if is not interested to go ahead with your case you contact another lawyer by taking NOC from previous lawyer, if your lawyer don't give NOC then send the registered AD notice and relieve him from the case after paying his fees if any. 

Further you can definetely handle your case independently as party in person but it is advisable to appoint lawyer for your case. 


1 Like

Sumit Gupta (Team Lead)     08 February 2017

Thanks Vikram, do you have any idea how to know next hearing date without going to court office.I reside in Gurgaon and court is 45 kms away from here.. Status is not being updated on website

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query