Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUNNY AM (Chief Executive)     19 January 2014

Law on max. % interest on hirepurchase

Sirs,
This is regarding the lack or inadequacy of the laws pertaining to maximum interest chargeable by a Hire-purchase firm (of all type).
I am no legal professional, but a 'concerned Indian' requesting to discuss this issue which make 1000s of middle-class victims, even causing suicides.

The normal reply "You should know what interest is charged, before signing a loan' is quite unsatisfactory to one who is deprived of a the reasonable life standard, which is 'fixed' by society. (I am aware this part is ambiguous).

Howsoever, I found even Limited companies in Hire purchase business charging 24% interest on many pretexts and when questioned fall in line from that date to charge 18% maximum chargeable.
This means those not able to protest or question are subject to pay through their nose, to their doom.

I request a discussion and expert opinions on the inadequacy of this law, failing to fix a binding ceiling, and provision to administer it stringently to cover those majority of common man who are unable to take on with 'Money behemoths' that are charging at will, making this maximum ceiling a joke.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 January 2014

You may choose your financing to be based on either fixed or variable rates.The maximum rate allowed under fixed rate financing is 10%. For variable rate financing, term charges will be quoted at a margin above the base lending rate of the banking institution concerned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register