LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pio Forbes (business)     07 October 2015

Lastname of child in school admission without father consent

Can the mother of a child who has been living separately for 4 years now give her name as the child's last name during first admission of child in a school? Is it legal to be doing this without the father's consent? The divorce and custodial case is ongoing in the court for 2 years now. If she has already given her name as the last name in the school records, can the father raise an objection or take any legal action?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Long back supreme court had issued ordr that it is not compulsory to mention name of both parents ,particualrly father name. So your query is answered.

Pio Forbes (business)     07 October 2015

Thanks for your reply Sir. I have understood that the child need not have any last name. But my question is, can the father raise an objection if the mother has given her name as last name for the child in school without the father's knowledge? I am concerned because the school certificate and all his other ID documents would later carry that name and his identity would become that.

(Guest)

Shakespeare wrote what is there in a name? Why are you worrying. By name only can any one loose relationships? If you arebiologicalk father you will remain one, for your whole life. No one can question that

(Guest)

Agree with Mr Gupta, once a father always a father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register