LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanchita   20 December 2016

Landlord stopped payment for security deposite cheque

My lanlord checked the whole house before evacuation and gave me cheque of rs 1 lacs for my security deposite and told me to deposite the same on 5th dec as his fd will mature on 5th.I called him on 7th Dec that I have deposited the cheque.

He did not tell anything and started saying that windows are not working..i have changed the fans etc.

On 15th Dec i came to know that he had stopped the payment, i called him and he started repeating same stories...and then he accepted that he stopped the payment on 2nd Dec itself and when i asked him that why didnt he inform me, he said why should he.

now i talked to him that ok cut the damages and give me the rest..he cut 3k but total of what details he gave me was 2500 which includs the panelty of rs250 for stopping payment and Rs 175 for his visiting expenses.

again he cut rs500 for nothing and forced me to send sms that i will return the stopped cheque..so i sent him that when i will receive money i will retun.

he did rtgs of Rs96830

I have audio clips as well which clearly shows that he harassed me a lot for my security deposite retun.

Moreover he forced me to give keys for his agent to visit my rented flat in my absence for potential tenants after my evacuation and took another key from me 9 days before i evacuated the flat.

I am a single girl and was living alone in that flat whose one key was with him.

He was megistrate in indian railaways for accidental death claims, i think he knows the laws very well.

Now i want to file a legal case on him, can i? and if yes for which section.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     21 December 2016

Sanchita no one is above the law. There is equality before the law.

Have u made registered rent agreement?

Have u given him notice for cheque bounce?

If no then give legal notice through the lawyer for recovery of money for deposit.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on LCI profile?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register