LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     28 March 2011

Landlord rights and rules

I am owner of a property which is an old building of 1952. I am owner and have in all 19 tenants ( 3 shops and 16 flats)

My forefathers have probably done mistakes of renting flats to needy people on Pagdi system. Over the years this has passed generations and now these tenants behave more like owners. I get a total rent of below 3000/- from all 19 tenants put together. Any small leakage, gutter block, repairs needed and these tenants ask me as if its their birthright to demand for these things.

I have tried to peacefully tell them to look at other options but not been successful. I have also made attempts to get rents higher so that a fund can be created for major repairs but nobody co-operates. They all want to live their and enjoy staying in filth and cracked walls but never spend any money. I of course have limited capability to mantain building, being retired.

What should i do to get them to vacate, so that I can give my property for redevelopment. i do not want to invite MHADA for redevelopmrnt as I have heard that MHADA people totallky devalue the property cost and also there is lot of corruption.

I need expert advise on what I should do.

Regards

AM

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     28 March 2011

U meet local lawyer for that and file a suit against the tenants. OR U give a notice to all tenants then file a suits against tenants.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     28 March 2011

I think first u meet all tenants and discuss about your problem and try to compromise with them and If they are not accept your proposal u give a legal action / legal notice. U not give any payment receipt them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register