Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gunasundari   07 September 2020

Landlord refused to return deposit after vacating house

Dear Sir/Madam,

I rented a house for two years by entering an agreement in 100rs stamp paper which is notarized.I used that place just to keep my machinery alone and we won't even visit that place.But we paid the rent as per the agreement.Starting from entering into agreement till rent finalisation his wife only contacted us.We give rnt to her only.We dont even have the landlord number.When i informed her that i wish to vacate by october of this month on first week of may,she also agreed. But On june 2nd week she forced me to vacate as she anothe rperson is asking for rent.So we immediately vacated and also informed her via phone. I am having call recording also.Then i dropped an email mentioning about advance amount.They didnt respond me.She requested me that,due to daughters marriage she cant return amount immediately and asked us to wait till october.I also agreed. Yesterday we went to aask for written document about advance repayment,her husband starts shouting and behaved disrespectfully.He said his wife is not authorized person so he will charge rent until he got original document.I am ready to give but he said he wont return advance amount till he get the tenant.He spoke very harshly and scold me.His whole family came out and shouted.I am haaving the recording.May i know how to proceed further.I am really feeling very low because everyone watched this.I am running a startup and its registered with central govt startup India. Really i felt very shameful to go ot after his insulting behaviour.Kindly advise.I have all call recordings of his wife starting from asking us to vacate till requesting about refund date.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
You have option to file case under civil or criminal law.
first of all you can send a legal notice mentioning all the facts nd repercussions landlords might face.
Email at mishrasatyam6804@gmail.com to get proper review, after going through the rent agreement.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register