Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kevin Smith   13 December 2021

Landlord doesn't possess rental agreement

Hi, 

The said commercial property was registered & gifted to me by my grandmother recently. The tenants have been renting out the same property for the past 20 years. The original rent agreement docs of these 3 tenants have been misplaced by my grandmother during shifting of residences.

Since I became the absolute owner/landlord of the property recently, I took it upon myself to renew the rent agreement and ask for the increment of rents. Since I do not possess any knowledge of the stipulations made in the original rent agreement and the complexity of dealing with these tenants. These tenants have been promptly paying the rents. The tenants have become hostile and non compliant, as they've enjoyed paying old rents and making profit off of the said businesses on my property.

How can I Evict them or resolve the issue of the non possession of original rent agreement on my part? I don't believe the rental agreement was registered or notarized at the time.

The tenants have a copy of the agreements, but are unwilling to send a copy of the agreement to me.

What kind of legal rights or recourse do I as a landlord possess to resolve this adverse situation? 

Thanks much, 

Kevin

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 December 2021

You can arrange to issue legal notice for eviction  of a minimum of 30 days or as per tenancy laws.
Also, even though your rent slips can be concrete evidence

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register