Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rachana (Not employed)     13 June 2013

Land sale

Dear Sir/Madam,

One of my friend has agreed to sell a land to a bulider. He has made an agreement to sell. He is insisting to sign the agreement and put thumb impression before registration of the agreement to sale. He has also asked for two photographs of my friend. The reason he has given for asking signature in advance is so that he can pay the stamp duty. He has committed to register the agreement after one month of signing it. Please let me know whether there could be any chance of fraud in signing in advance.

Thank you.

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Selva....... (Advocate)     13 June 2013

Its advisable to sign after receipt of money or Signing and Payment and Registration can all happen together.

Its better to avoid signing before payment.

Rachana (Not employed)     13 June 2013

Builder's lawyer is saying,its safe since both the parties had to sign once again at the time of registration so its inconsequential.

Hemang (Advocate)     13 June 2013

It is better that you settle all terms and conditions including the value for the land to be received in consideration. It is advisable that the agreement to sell is signed in the office of the sub registrar, assurance and only after the payment is received. There are all chances of fraud, when you are dealing with the builders. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register