Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veerendra   21 November 2016

Land acquisition for industry purpose.

Respected Seniors,

I need your guidance in the following matter: 

In the year 2011, In Karnataka  in a place called X, a cement major acquired lands for developing quarry for their cement company. An agreement has been made with the land owners for acqusition of their agricultural lands for industry purpose by paying out an amount of 33%.9,00 lakhs per acre was the price agreed by the farmers to handover the lands to the company.

The company then on went ahead on registration of lands in full for some people and partially for rest. Since the year 2011, the company ios still not registering the lands and whenever we are enquiring it is just postponing the date of registration by making false instances. 

I have gone through the agreement copy and the agreement copy doesnt hold any valid period to register the lands. However, till today it has been 6 years that the company still is resisting from registering the lands. The land price as on market price have gone up beyond 9.00lakhs and the farmers whose lands are yet to be registered are in demand of more price for their lands. 

Kindly help me on the following questions:

- What would be validity of the agreement entered into by the parties?

- What if we give them a notice to register the lands or their money is forfeited?

- If a notice is to be given, then, i may request my senior to help me with a formal notice to be handed over to the company to fulfill their part of agreement.

Regards,

Veerendra

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register