IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BKS PRAKASH (Own Business )     08 July 2016

Labour issue

If worker denied to work as per  Job requirements , shall I put him under suspension.

After  suspension how can we terminate him from the service even after three months time period.

Regards/bks prakash 



 4 Replies

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     09 July 2016

Issue him the charge sheet and conduct the enquiry proceedings and in enquiry proceedings after proving the charges you can terminate the service. 


For any assisance you may contact.


Vivek Malhotra

Advocate, 9716670701



Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2016

In other threads you have mentioned that there are Employee's Unions.

Better follow due process and engage a very able Labor Law Consultant.

kameswarao S (Head HR)     09 July 2016

Dear Mr.Prakash - I believe that you are a HR person and being a HR person I opine that you should not conclude.  Termination / seperation should be a last resort.   Error is human and due to various reasons employees behaves differently and if you start seperating for every petty issue it will be difficult to get the employees in this present competitive world.  HR should be a shoulder to cry, give them ample opportunity to change their behavior and work towards the orgnaizational requirement.

The presesure from the management / superiors shall be there and the HR job  is to bear.  If you suspend and terminate with out due procedures it will back fire and it will be highly difficult to face the consequences in case the courts orders the organization for reinstatement with back wages and all. With out giving proper opportunity is against natural justice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2016

Mr. Kameswarao S is right.

Engage and retain a very able Labor Law Consultant.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query