New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivas (CA final Student)     05 November 2008

Justice need

Mr.A defaults repayment of housing loan taken for purchase of a site and construction. The nationalised bank calls for an auction in its premises and sells the site to Mr.X in the auction. Mr.X has paid full consideration for the site but the bank has not yet registered the site in the name of Mr.X even after 22 months from the date of auction. When Mr.X verified the property documents which were with the bank which the bank did not give before the auction the bank did not have all the documents required for registration of the property in his X name. so Mr. X insisted the bank to induct the indemnity clause into the certificate of sale and to provide all the necessary documents required for registration but the bank is just deny Mr.x that they cannot give any documents nor they will induct the indemnity clause. When Mr.X verified a copy of the sale deed of Mr.A which Mr.X received from the bank , Mr.X came to know that the bank officials have released the loan to Mr.A even for construction when there is no construction at all and they are fearing that if they induct any indemnity clause they may be in trouble for any future problems that may araise in the future.

What measures can Mr.X take to get the site registered in his name?

Several requests to various officials of the bank have failed to get any response from the bank.(at the regional levels & h.o.level)


 2 Replies

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     06 November 2008

Approach the High Court or file a criminal compalint for cheating U/s 420 IPC, Breach of trust U/s 409IPC , misappropriation U/s 403 of Indian Penal Code against Bank officials. The cause of action arises when they allowed the loan amount disbursed to Mr. A when the construction was not started. This omission to verify the the site is an illegal omission which amounts to an offence. This can be taken as part of criminal conspiracy U/s 120B IPC.

So dear Srinivas you have well dfined options to do. No bank can wait for 22 months. so start criminal action by filing a petition in the concerned HC to get the matter investigated by CBI as the Bank staff comes under the jurisdiction of Central government employees. When you get a favourable order to investigate the matter by CBI the bank will fall down on your foot

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 November 2008

Yes, as pointed out by Shree, there is a serious derelications of duty on the part of the Bank Officials. How can the bank release the loan without proper title investigations by the Bank Panel Advocate? The Global Financial Turmoail trigerred by the Lehman Brothers was caused by one such reasons amongst others.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register