LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrassedhusband (manager)     01 September 2014

Jurisdiction in dv,498a ?

Dear Learned members,

Query relating to jurisdiction for

1. dv

2. 498a

3. crpc 125

wife filed div in City X.

wife resides in city Y in her govt flat for last 4 years.

In mediation she is threatening to file false cases in city Z (home town) in UP where her parents are staying  to cause travelling harrassment to husband and old parents.

where can she file further cases like dv, 498a, crpc 125, etc ?


city X ?

City Y ?


City Z

Thankful for valuable inputs in advance.


 1 Replies

LoneFighter (IT)     02 September 2014

God knows where do all these psychopath come from. Anyhow one cant be accused of same case else where, though the jurisdiction is different. You can very well show the previous case and ask them to close the new case since courts have better work to do than same case running in two different courts. 

But it is possible that she can search for a new section and file a new complaint against you in her home town.

For eg: one can say that she is being threatened to bludgeon to death <very well possible, complaint is just a statement, one can write a big story, if they have a single statement related to it>.  a new complaint can be filed in her city. There should be a way to stop these threats misusing law. But i am not sure what..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query