Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramesh (N/A)     01 February 2014

Joint property

Dear Sirs,

A property had been purchased jointly by my parents, and the purchase deed is in both their names.

This land had been sub divided equally by the local panchayat on both of them individually by providing seperate patta on both their names.

The land bearing my mothers name in patta in which a building had been constructed and the land which bears my fathers name is still an empty land.

My father is willing to settle his land to me, which my mother is refusing to do so.
Whether it is possible for my father to register his part to me without my mothers concern as per the available patta in his name.

My mother plans to give the total land to my sister, whether it is possible.

Pl. suggest me.

Regards,

Ramesh

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 February 2014

property n. anything that is owned by a person or entity. Property is divided into two types: "real property" which is any interest in land, real estate, growing plants or the improvements on it, and "personal property" (sometimes called "personalty") which is everything else. "Common property" is ownership by more than one person of the same possession. "Community property" is a form of joint ownership between husband and wife

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2014

If the property purchased jointly on both the names was subsequently sub-divided and the records have been created on individual's names, the properties will lie on the individual's names alone and it will not be considered as joint property anymore.  Therefore, as an absolute owner of the property, your father has got full rights to transfer the property on your name either through a settlement deed or through a gift deed or by way of sale deed.  He does not requires the consent of your mother to  perform this act.  Go ahead.

ramesh (N/A)     03 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

They both have seperate paatas on their names individually, but the purchase deed is in both their names only tll now, for which my mother is not allowing my father to part their deed individually, nor take any futher step to settle his part of land to my name.

Since my father is an aged person, before any mishap he wants to transfer his part to me.

Whether we have any other possible way to transfer the land in the way of a will or any document in front of any notary or so.

Pl z. suggest sir.

Regards,

N. Ramesh Kumar

ramesh (N/A)     03 February 2014

Originally posted by : ramesh

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

They both have seperate paatas on their names individually, but the purchase deed is in both their names only tll now, for which my mother is not allowing my father to part their deed individually, nor take any futher step to settle his part of land to my name.

Since my father is an aged person, before any mishap he wants to transfer his part to me.

Whether we have any other possible way to transfer the land in the way of a will or any document in front of any notary or so.

Pl z. suggest sir.

Regards,

N. Ramesh Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More