25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     31 January 2013

Items confiscated by police in 498a

When a crazy wife files 498a against her husband and her in-laws, and based on her false statement, the police arrest them and confiscate items that she claims are hers, like electronics and jewellery,but the husband and in aws have SOLID PROOF that the confiscated items are that of the Husband, what happens then?

And if the poilice have threatened them to admit that the items are the wife's property, then what to do about that recorded statement? WILL THE STATEMENT HAVE ANY VALIDITY IF SOME ITEMS HAVE ALSO BEEN RECOVERED BY POLICE FROM THE HUSBAN(Falsely claimed by the iwfe to be hers)?


 3 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     31 January 2013

You can always contend them in court...A statement made to police is not admissible in the court unless ratified by the maker....





1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 February 2013

No need to worry, if you have proof that the items are related to you and not her, file an application before the court and mention all the facts and atrocities of police. court may pass an order in you favour and against her and police.


Feel Free to Call


Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate)

email : nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

web:    nadeemqureshi498a.webs.com

Mob: +91  9953809956

          +91 8802305262

1 Like

MrDinoMorea (O)     02 February 2013

@Nadeemqureshi thanks....where are you located sir?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query