Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh (Technical Lead)     15 April 2011

Issue with the owner not giving back the advance

HI,

I am staying at Porur chennai in a rental 1 BHK house agreed up on to pay 5500 as rent and mutually signed a rental agreement with the owner for 11 Months. I have paid 10 months advance and stayed in that house for about 1 and half year. Now i have vacated and moved to a two bed room house. When i ask the owner to pay the advance back, he is hesitiating and insisting to pay only when a new tenant occupies the house and also asking to give three month notice. As per the agreement, i had to serve two months notice, if i am vacating the house with in 11 months. But now the owner is insisting to pay two months rent . Already one month passed and asked the owner to take one month rent and give advance back. Still he is insisting that he will give the money only when the new tenant occupies the house. I have the agreement with me as the receipt of the advance, hope that should be enough ?. What is the action now i need to take ? Can i go to a consumer's forum court or to a civil lawyer to advice further ?

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register