Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ram   16 January 2015

Is voice recording a valid evidence in court of law?

Is Voice recording a valid evidence in the Court of Law (Civil)? I recorded the voice of the borrower in my cellphone at multiple instances where in he says that he will repay my money back to me and also agreed that he has taken the money from me etc. He admitted all those details.

I only have my Bank statements which indicate that I transferred the money from my account to the borrower's account via NEFT.

All that I wanted to know is whether the Court of Law takes the Voice recording of the Borrower as a valid Evidence or would the court reject voice recordings completely?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Gurchal (Practicing Advocate)     16 January 2015

may be ! it requires such expert opinion from forensic department that the voice  of the parties are genuine.

1 Like

ram   16 January 2015

Is the court going to engage the expert from Forensic Department to validate the voice recording?

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     16 January 2015

you can produce the recording. when the opposite party objects, then court will order for forensic lab.

1 Like

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     18 January 2015

In addition to the expert opinion being sought as mentioned above, you shall also need to furnish an affidavit u/s 65B of the Evidence Act qua that voice recording

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register