Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (properitor)     03 May 2010

Is release deed the right thing?

Dear All,

We(4 brothers and our mother)  inherited a house property on my fathers death.Father died inestate.

We all wish to transfer the entire property to our mothers name.

Should we go for a release deed? How is it different from relinquishment deed? Which is a better way?

Is the release/relinquishment deed to be done on a Rs.100 stamp paper or stamped according to the Jantri?I am in the state of Gujarat.

Will each of the brothers have to be present before the SRO for registration of the release deed? or is it ok to just get a notorised copy of the release deed? Will our mother have to be present at the SRO to accept the release?

Once the release deed is done, can my mother immediately(same day) gift it to any body she wishes to?

Thanks a lot!

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Settlement Deed is the legal nomenclature of the document. It shall be registered compulsorily. Only you brothers need to be present and not your mother. Yes she can deal with the property as she likes from the day it is settled in her favour.

R N Aggarwal (CEO)     04 May 2010

Is Quit Claim Deed also possible?

Thanks

RN

Rajesh (properitor)     04 May 2010

Wont  a release deed be a better option in this case?

What would be the cost for a release deed and a partition deed in Gujarat?

Can my mother immediately(after say 30 mins of the release/settlement deed registration) gift it to any body she wishes to?

Thanks a lot!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register