LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VICTIM (A)     06 February 2017

Is Presence of Respondents Mandatory in Domestic Violence Ca

Hello, My wife has filled a Domestic Violence case against my family. I and my family members appeared on the 1st date of hearing. Now the Court is asking us to appear on each and every date in Court. Is it mandatory to appear on all dates in Court if lawyer is already attending? Is there any judgement for this effect?

Learning

8 Replies

On last dae judge has directed that all respondents to be present in person on next date else coercive measures will be taken against the non present respondent. Do you have any such Court Judgement?

On last dae judge has directed that all respondents to be present in person on next date else coercive measures will be taken against the non present respondent. Do you have any such Court Judgement?

Sachin (N.A)     06 February 2017

Agree with autohide4u.

Presence of all respondents is not mandatory.

Maximum magistrate can order exparty orders against the respondent who are not present. but if you ( the husband i.e. main respondent) is present magistrate cannot pass any order in favour of complainant without hearing complete defense / argument.

stanley (Freedom)     07 February 2017

you should file an application to  seek exemption from court hearings citings the reasons as to why you want the same and be present only when required for DV cases when called for . After filing of the application the judge would take a decision on the same .

(Guest)
Originally posted by : VICTIM
On last dae judge has directed that all respondents to be present in person on next date else coercive measures will be taken against the non present respondent.

Do you have any such Court Judgement?

Respondent and co-respondents Be present in court or else face arrest warrant. Dont listen to the above gentlemen and gentlewoman who will suggest you what not, file that judgement etc. They wont come to your rescue when warrant will be issued. Rest your fate.

Sachin (N.A)     07 February 2017

Originally posted by : VICTIM
Hello,

My wife has filled a Domestic Violence case against my family.

I and my family members appeared on the 1st date of hearing. Now the Court is asking us to appear on each and every date in Court.

Is it mandatory to appear on all dates in Court if lawyer is already attending?

Is there any judgement for this effect?

Wait for sometime useless hand will ask you to call him then he will ask for money then he will suggest you that presence is not mandatory.

Beware of fools who are hunting for clients

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 February 2017

Best is to obey the orders of the court.

You have nto stated full facts of the case and you have also nto stated at which stage the case stands. Therefore no agreement or disagreement can be expressed with the above views.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register