Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT KUMAR (GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE)     04 August 2013

Is job to practice a good idea?

I am genuinally looking for a solution.

I am a Government employee working in a Court and this is my final year of LLB. Please suggest whether switching from job to practice a good idea? As a Government employee cannot enroll himself as a Advocate and if switching job to practice is a good idea then to whom I should join or what is the right path to get success?

I am working in the Court in Delhi. Whether I should associate with someone or anything else.

Learning

3 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     04 August 2013

One has to take the decision for his own career. However, since you are already employed in the judiciary, I would suggest you not to come on this side of the profession. Instead, after passing the final year of LL.B. try your luck to apply as a candidate to become a Judge. And as you know, the there is bound to be a waiting period in the profession. You have a stability in a job. But if you enter the profession, you may also get frustration due to waiting period. Beside this, if you have a family responsibility, I would strongly suggest not to temper with the career so made. Or, if you are amashed with the wealth, or some anscetral support, you may take the decision. It is for you to decide.

(My own experience: I have seen many lawyers, who make honest and sincere attempts to settle. Fortunately, I had a "spring board", when I entered this profession. My grand father was already practicing and my father put in 50 years of practice. So it was a lawyers' family and I did not face any difficulty in joinging. Nor had I any waiting period. By the way, I have now put in 30 years of practice. 

Aashish George (lawyer)     04 August 2013

amit, its very simple, if you have lot of money, can afford an office and chamber then you can give it a shot. mind this fact that returns on your intial investment will be very slow. you will have to slog for atleast for 5 years and then things might pick up. if u dont have that much time and energy to waste then i suggest you stick to your job, retire and then practice. get the best of both worlds.

AMIT KUMAR (GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE)     04 August 2013

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register