Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

blrguy   27 May 2016

Is it specific power of attorney or special....?

Is it "Special Power of Attorney" OR "Specific Power of Attorney".?

Also

1. I am including 2 attorneys (agents) in this power of attorney

2. These 2 attorneys can jointly or separately execute the tasks.

3. I have 2 specific tasks that these 2 attorneys need to execute jointly or separately.

What should be the title? Will the below mentioned statement be correct? (note the pluralization of power and attorney, also the usage of specific instead of special)

"Specific Powers Of Attorneys"

Learning

4 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 May 2016

There is Special Power of Attorney or GPA, Durable POA, but not Specific.

A power of attorney may be executed by two or more persons jointly in favour of one or more persons and when there are several persons as attorneys a complete authorisation in letter to be given by one of them for acting severally. A clause should be included while drafting the deed of power of attorney that all the attorneys should act jointly or separately.

blrguy   28 May 2016

Mr.Sainath,

Thank you sir.

Here is the draft of Special Power Of Attorney that I am planning to use, feel free to correct me if needed -

Modify

SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY

----------------------------------------------------

THIS SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY IS EXECUTED ON THIS THE ___ DAY OF JUNE TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN (    /6/2016) AT [my USA address]

BY

[My details]

(Hereinafter referred to as the Principal)

IN FAVOUR OF 

------------

[Attorney 1 details including their address]

[Attorney 2 details including their address]

(Hereinafter referred to as the Attorneys)

WITNESSES AS FOLLOWS:

---------------------

WHEREAS I, the Principal, am the sole owner of the house situated at <>. I use the said house as my vacation home while visiting India with my family.

AND WHEREAS I work in [my USA office details] and am unable to personally look after and maintain the said house in India. I wish to appoint fit and proper persons to perform the following duties in my absence.

NOW KNOW YE ALL AND THESE PRESENTS WITNESSETH that I, the Principal, hereby appoint, nominate, and constitute my mother-in-law [attorney1] and my sister-in-law [attorney2] to be my true and lawful attorneys or agents (hereinafter referred to as “the Attorneys”) with full powers and authority to do and execute the following acts, deeds, and things in my name and on my behalf (separately or jointly), that is to say:

a)    To access the said house at regular intervals and carry out necessary cleaning and repair works and do other acts and things to keep the said house in good repair and condition. Repair work includes masonry, carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing and color-wash/white-wash. 

b)    To use and stay over-night (along with their household members) in the said house at regular intervals for security watch. 

I, the Principal, represent that this Special Power of Attorney executed by me is valid for a period of 11 months, starting from the 15th day of June, 2016 and ending on 14th day of May, 2017.

AND I, the Principal, hereby agree and undertake to ratify all such acts, deeds and things lawfully done by my attorneys hereinabove mentioned as if done by me personally.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I, [my name] have signed this SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY on the day, month and year first mentioned above in the presence of the below mentioned witnesses at [my usa address].

PRINCIPAL:                   

(My Name)     

EXECUTION ADMITTED BY ME -

ATTORNEYS:

(Attorney 1)

(Attorney 2)

WITNESSES:

(Name)                                         (Signature)

(Name)                                         (Signature)

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 May 2016

OK,nothing more to add or correct.Always mention them as Attorney 1 and Attorney 2.

blrguy   28 May 2016

To Mr.Sainath,

Sure Sir ! Thank you very much. I will explicitly mention them as Attorney 1 and Attorney 2.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register