Essentials of a promissory note.
The promissory note:-
1. must be in writing;
2. must be signed by a maker;
3. must contain an undertaking to pay;
4. must be a promise to pay unconditionally on demand or at a fixed or determinable future time;
5. payee must be certain;
6. maker must be certain;
7. sum payable must be certain;
8. must contain a promise to pay money and money only;
9. must be payable to or to the order of a certain person or to the bearer.
The query has all the essential ingredients , hence can be treated as a promissory note.