LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Engineer)     19 May 2015

Is it illegal to take snap without permission

Is it illegal to take a photo of property (Cigarette selling shop) or group of people smoking infront of house?

I am resding in bangalore and own a house which is corner property.

Backside of my house there is vacant plot on which shop situated.

In this shop cigarette,beedi & gutkha sold mainly due to which lot of students, local thugs  visit here make noise. Due to which cigarette smell surrounded in kitchen and bedroom.

I wanted to take snap of cigarette selling and people smoking at that shop to lodge complaint online.

When i approached mob surrounded and have deleted snaps which were taken at distance.

I wanted to know whether is it illegal to take snap without permission.

Please let me know law for taking picture at public place.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 May 2015

Give complaint to the police .The Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act 2003 (COTPA 2003): In order to protect the youth and masses from the adverse harmful effects of tobacco usage and second hand smoke (SHS) and to discourage the consumption of tobacco the Govt. of India enacted the Tobacco control law titled “Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act, (COTPA) 2003”. The Act is applicable to all tobacco products and extends to whole of India.  The specific provisions of the COTPA include:

• Prohibition of smoking in  public places (section 4)
    • Prohibition of direct and indirect advertisement of cigarette and other tobacco products(section 5)
    • Prohibition of sale of cigarette and other tobacco products to a person below the age of eighteen years [section 6(a)].
    • Prohibition of sale of tobacco products near the educational institutions.[Section 6(b)].
    • Mandatory depiction of statutory warnings (including pictorial warnings) on tobacco packs(Section 7)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register