Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radha (accts)     22 October 2014

Is gpa revocable

Dear All,

I have a query regarding a property for which i have entered into a sale agreement. Mr.A has given a GPA of the said property X to Mr.B with all powers to sell mortgage etc, in 1993 which is registered in the Sub Registrar's Office. and By virtue of the said GPA Mr. B has sold the Property to Mr.C (who is Mr.B's son) in 2004. Mr.C has all the documents on his name and has also raised bank loan on the property. Now I have proposed to buy this property Is there any legal issues in buying this property. It is told that  I have to take a affidavit from the Original Owner Mr. A before executing a sale deed.Does Mr. A have any right on the property now.Kindly answer my query Its Urgent.

Learning

4 Replies

reeti shah (lawyer)     22 October 2014

You do not require to take Affidavit from Mr. A. mr. C is the legal owner. U have to take noc from society and from Bank who has charge on this property. You peruse the POA once before proceeding further to confirm whether Mr. B was given power to sell the said property. Adv Reeti Shah reeti@corpusjurislaw.com 9930285557

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 October 2014

Going by your version ,If B has effected sale deed favg C, it is valid title. No need to get noc from A.

Radha (accts)     23 October 2014

Thank  you for your reply ? our executive doubts that what if  Mr.A had died while executing the Sale Deed? Will GPA become invalid if the executor dies before executing sale deed. Kindly Answer.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     23 October 2014

If you are not sure about the process, kindly check with A family and take a  call.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register