LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Reddy (Engineer)     29 November 2010

Is criminal action possible

My uncle was a head of the caste section in a village. There was an altercation between him and some other villagers regarding some village matter. During this altercation he was verbally abused and humiliated almost to a physical attack level. The same night he committed suicide. Our family wasn't aware of this matter until 6 months after as none of my family members were present at that discussion.

What are our options if we want to pursue criminal/legal actions against those involved and abused him? Is it too late to file a case? Experts please give feedback. We would also like to hire a strong criminal lawyer for this case.





 3 Replies


It is belated one.  But you may prefer complaint after gathering witnesses  and give it to Superintendent of police.

sanket (Advocate)     29 November 2010

First of all you should check with the concerned police station, at place where your uncle committed suicide, that to which Magistrate did they reported case u/s. 174 of Cr.PC  and then check the order of that Magistrate what reasons did he found and what inquiry has carried out in that case then only Lawyer would be able to advise your properly meanwhile you start gathering witness and lodge formal complaint with police or to court.


ya kindly check with local police station

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads